Streetcar and Rapid Transit Museums
A train of Brooklyn Union elevated cars circa 1907 belonging to the New York Transit Museum collection. These venerable cars, which had been rebuilt into "Q-Type" cars in the 1930s, were rebuilt back to their original appearance by employees of the Coney Island Overhaul Shop. They operated several trips for charity in the summer of 2004, seen here heading north of 215th Street on the IRT West Side line. Photo by David Pirmann.
New York Region (or Good New York Collections)
New York Transit Musuem
The premier museum of New York City transit history. This museum is housed in an old subway station in downtown Brooklyn and features 19 restored subway cars and other exhibits. It also has an extensive collection of historical buses.
Shore Line Trolley Musuem
Shore Line Trolley Musuem, in East Haven, CT., has a large collection of rapid transit and trolley vehicles from New York City, and sponsors special weekends each year where the New York cars are on center stage.
Seashore Trolley Musuem
The largest trolley museum in the world and oldest in the United States, this museum's extensive collection features several pieces of equipment from New York City and just received two more NYC subway cars in 2005.
Trolley Musuem of New York
Also known as the Kingston Trolley Museum, this museum's collection features several New York City rapid transit and trolleycars.
Brooklyn Trolley Musuem
A now-defunct effort to create a museum and short operating trolley line in the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- Baltimore Streetcar Museum
- Boone & Scenic Valley
- Connecticut Trolley Museum, CT
- Danbury Railway Museum, CT
- East Troy Electric Railroad Museum, WI
- Electric City Trolley Museum, PA
- Fox River Trolley Museum, IL
- Ft. Smith Trolley Museum, AR
- Halton County Radial Railway, Ontario, Canada
- Illinois Railway Museum, IL
- Indiana Transportation Museum, IN
- Kelley Park Vintage Trolley, CA
- Midwest Old Threshers Museum, IA
- Minnesota Streetcar Museum, MN
- Monticello Railroad Museum, IL
- Museum of Transportation (St. Louis), MO
- National Capitol Trolley Museum, MD
- National Streetcar Museum at Lowell
- New York State Museum, NY
- Orange Empire Railway Museum, CA
- Oregon Electric Railway Museum, OR
- Pennsylvania Trolley Museum, PA
- Rockhill Trolley Museum, PA
- Steamtown National Historic Site, PA
- Virginia Museum of Transportation, VA
- Western Railway Museum, CA